Best food for eye care
Did you know that a diet rich in vitamin A and C is vital for eye care? Most have heard of the virtues of carrots for eye health. However, there are other foods that we include in our menu if we boast a keen eye. We tell you what:
– Vitamin A is found in vegetables and fruits of intense color, such as carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, cabbage or squash. And in other foods such as liver, milk and eggs. We achieve the recommended with only half a carrot a day daily allowance. Although the ideal is to eat three pieces and two servings of vegetables or vegetables each day.
– Vitamin C. This potent antioxidant is found in oranges, papayas, strawberries, cantaloupe, red peppers, cauliflower, broccoli and tomatoes.
– Vitamin E. Brazil nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, peanuts and vegetables are rich in this vitamin.
– Zinc. Present in red meat, oysters or chicken.
– Omega-3, mainly salmon, higher fatty acids have beneficial effects for eye health.
– Vitamin D. Also, remember to include in your diet other fish such as anchovy, sardine, trout or tuna.
Some eye disorders are associated with obesity, diabetes, cholesterol and hypertension. Therefore, it is important to eat more fruits and vegetables and less salt and animal fats. However, we must follow a series of eye care habits at certain times of year, such as summer or during the workday. Therefore, it is important to wear sunglasses, artificial tears or blink frequently to avoid suffering discomfort and improve quality of life. And if you spend many hours in front of the screen, remember to look away every 20 minutes to protect your eyes from the computer. Your health, your body and your eyes will thank you.